Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Letter #18 (January 20, 2014)

Welp, I can't seem to keep a companion for longer than one transfer. Both Sister Scott and Sister Richards were transferred. My companion is now Sister Lee. She is from Utah/Korea. She lived in Korea until she moved here at 11. Her first language is Korean, but she doesn't have an accent at all. She's been out for almost nine months. I had actually met her before, which is a first for transfers so far. I went on exchanges with her once. She's really nice. I'm kind of relieved to not be in a trio any more to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love my last companions a lot, but being in a trio is really stressful.

It will be interesting though because we had a car last transfer because of Sister Richards. I don't know how to not have a car in this area. It wasn't an issue in Walnut because we never had a car there. So now I have to try to figure out the buses/Gold line/figure out which members can give rides. It should be an adventure. I'm excited to not have a car again though. I didn't like it much. We pass by SO many people when we're driving, it's really sad.

I don't really have much else to talk about, I was sick most of last week, so I didn't really do anything exciting. 

Something cool that is coming up though is that we are helping with a missionary activity this Wednesday. The youth from our ward are combing with the East Pasadena youth and we're going to teach them a little bit, answer questions, and do some role plays with them. It should be really neat.

Oh! I don't know if I wrote about this before or not, but I went back to Walnut for a baptism last Saturday! (Not this pastSaturday, the one before that). The one eternal investigator that I taught (the one that's been investigating since the 70's) got baptized! It was so exciting! It was weird going back. I felt like I had never left, but then had to leave again. It was bizarre. It was a really wonderful baptismal service.

Anyway, sorry this is so short!

I love you all!

~Sister Kretchman

No comments:

Post a Comment