Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Letter #16 (January 6, 2014)

So I came to a crazy realization on New Year's day this week. January 1st 2014 is the first day of the year that I willonly be on my mission. It's so crazy to think about but also really cool. Not all sister missionaries have an entire year on their mission. Most have part of one year and part of another. Sister Scott will almost have the whole year, but she goes home right before Christmas. 

I am so grateful to have this year to completely focus on bringing others closer to Christ. I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I am determined to become a much better missionary this year. I have been working really hard ever since I got here, but I am still not a very effective missionary. I have really struggled with that because I have this huge desire to help my brothers and sisters make  it back to our Father in heaven, but I haven't felt like I was doing a very good job at doing that. But this year is going to be better. It has to be. I'm going to do all that I can to become the person that Heavenly Father would have me be, and especially the missionary that He needs me to be in order to help the most people come to Him as possible.

On a less serious note, I got to go to the Rose Parade! It was really neat, we didn't get to see the celebrities perform or anything (because they only perform where people pay big money to sit and we were  just sitting on the sidewalk along the parade route). Except for Hall and Oates. Their float stopped right in front of us because there was some kind of hold up. I didn't even know who they were, but a lot of people around me did and started yelling "play play PLAY!" And they did! When I found out who they were I immediately pulled out my camera so that I could take a video for my dad. It was SO cool. I've never actually seen anyone live before (although I've always wanted to go to a concert, they're just so expensive!) so it was a really neat experience.

I can't find my camera cord, so I'll have to send some pictures from the parade later.

Anyhow, I hope that everyone is having a wonderful year so far! I love you all!

~Sister Kretchman

No comments:

Post a Comment