Monday, March 31, 2014

Letter #21 (February 10, 2014)

First of all, let me thank everyone for your birthday wishes! I can't believe that I'm not a teenager anymore! It's crazy. I can't say that I'm a 19 year-old missionary anymore. Sad.

Anyway, now that that's out of my system...

My birthday was pretty nice. The sisters that I live with showered me with balloons (which I finally popped this morning because I didn't know what to do with them) and I had a great birthday dinner with my ward mission leader and his wife. They (Chad and Sarah) are my favorite people in this ward. Sarah is only a couple of years older than me and she's awesome! We were her first ever dinner guests! They moved into their little house last month (I helped them paint/clean/overhaul the living room) and they just got the cutest puppy of my life this week. His name is Copeland and he is seriously too cute to be allowed. It was great though, because I'm not allowed to hold babies, but I can sure hold an adorable puppy! Anyway, Sarah made us lasagna and the PB chocolate cake that I have every year. It was delicious and I converted Chad to it. It was great too because they invited some non-member friends to the dinner, so my birthday dinner was fun AND productive. It doesn't get better than that! We had a great discussion about why we have the Book of Mormon. Hopefully something we said will help their friends to come closer to Christ. 

Guess what! We're getting Ipads on Friday! I have kind of mixed feelings about it. I'm excited in some aspects, but most of the things that I've been excited for require Wifi, which we don't have most of the time. We'll be popping into McDonald's and laundromats a lot. Or awkwardly sitting in Starbucks, resisting the urge to teach everyone in there about the Word of Wisdom. 

So in the future, I'll probably be emailing from an Ipad mini. Which I don't like either because I hate typing on touch screens. I'd buy a keyboard, but I've heard that they're super expensive. If anyone happens to stumble upon a cheap one on Amazon or something, let me know!

Update on Ebonee:

She still hadn't been responding to us at all, but she wrote Happy Birthday on my wall, so I seized the opportunity and wrote to her one more time. She responded! We're going to give her a little bit more time and then try stopping by again or something. Hopefully we'll be able to start meeting with her again!

Other than that, there's not much happening right now. We work really hard every day but are still struggling to find anyone to teach. Hopefully things will start to pick up. 

I love you all so much!

Happy Valentine's Day! (It doesn't mean much out here, but I hope that you all have a good one!)

Borrowing an Elders sweater while caroling:

The temperature on Christmas:

How they did heart attacks on Christmas

Knocking too hard:

The float she worked on for the Rose Parade:

Her favorite float:


No comments:

Post a Comment