Monday, March 31, 2014

Letter #25 (March 10, 2014)

So this week has been lots of fun! I love Sister Child, she's so funny! Apparently I'm her littlest companion yet, and she's definitely the tallest companion that I could get. It is so fun.

Here's something that she said "there is a rule in the white handbook that you are always breaking?" What?! "Never be alone with a Child!" Corny, but it made me laugh. She's so silly.

Glendora seems like a really great area. The ward is awesome! They are SO missionary minded! We don't have to struggle to find members for our lessons and they are all working on people for us to teach. 

We are teaching an cute old couple right now who referred themselves. It's crazy. She wanted to learn how to become a Mormon, so she asked her upstairs neighbor (who is a member) how to do it! So the sisters started teaching her a while ago. She has already been taught all of the lessons and watches BYU tv on a regular basis. BUT. She hasn't been to church yet. She has a load of physical problems and so has trouble getting out of her house. BUT. She sent her husband in her place (it doesn't work that way, but there you go) a couple of weeks ago and now he wants to be baptized! He came home and said "how much you wanna bet they'll baptize me before they baptize you?" So we taught him the first lesson on Saturday and then he came to church again yesterday. It was so awesome!

And then there's our fourteen year old investigator. He has also had all of the lessons, but can't be baptized because his dad won't sign the permission slip. He apparently carries the permission slip in his wallet everywhere he goes. He wants to serve a mission and is already trying to share the gospel with his friends and he's not even baptized yet! It's really sad, but I think that him carrying the slip with him is the sweetest thing that I've ever heard.

I'm really loving being in Glendora already. My last two areas were pretty dead, but there really seems to be a lot of good things happening here! I'm so excited to be a part of it!

I love and miss you all!

~Sister Kretchman

PS- Someone should send me The Lamb of God CDs. They are SO good. We're borrowing them from some members right now. There's this one song by Mary Magdalene that I want to learn/sing really badly. It's so pretty. 

PPS- Someone should also send me The Messiah. That is all.

Anna and her new comp:


 The whipped cream game:



And Chad and Sarah. They are basically the best people ever. He's the ward mission leader in Pasadena, and she's his wife. He helped orchestrate the music in The Hobbit and is now working on Godzilla! They're the ones that I invited myself over to birthday dinner. Sarah drove me to Glendora at 7:50 in the morning. You have to be a pretty awesome person to do that.

And one more. This is the Ngos. They are Sarah's parents and they are just as awesome as Chad and Sarah are! AND Brother Ngo has an I'm a Mormon video. Cool huh?

Two of her areas on on street corner:


No comments:

Post a Comment