Monday, March 31, 2014

Letter #24 (March 4, 2014)

Well hello there everyone! I am writing you from Glendora, which is where I live now! My new-companion-every-transfer streak is still going! I am now with Sister Child who is our medical missionary. She is from SLC and is 6'2" which makes the two of us an interesting sight since I'm one of the smallest people in the mission (not height wise, I'm 5'5", but I look shorter than I really am because I'm so tiny.) It's a lot of fun, we're already teasing each other. 

So transfers were CRAZY this time because the whole Glendora zone was recruited to clean up a bunch of mud. Basically a mountain nearby caught on fire and then it rained a ton, so mudslides occurred. So I had to either transfer on Tuesday instead, or get to Glendora by 8:30 AM. So I did the latter because there was already too much going on on Tuesday for Sister Lee because she is training and picking up her trainee today. Luckily Pasadena ward has the best person in the world in it and she picked me up at 7:45 yesterday morning and drove me to Glendora where I quickly unloaded and then headed out to "muck mud." So I spent all day yesterday sweeping muddy water down someone's driveway/into their pool, and then passing huge buckets of dirt down a hill while avoiding beating hit in the head by flying empty buckets. It was actually really fun, but really exausting too. We are all SO sore today! Plus I hit my elbow really badly off of a screw that was sticking out of this little retaining wall that was holding up the dirt that we were shoveling into the buckets that were being passed down the assembly line. It's swollen a little bit, but I don't think that I broke anything. We might be doing more of all of that tomorrow. I'm not really sure how that will work out since our whole zone is dead tired and sore all over, but we'll do our best!

So that's why I didn't email yesterday. And now I don't have much time. I might write some more tomorrow, we'll see.

I love you and miss you all!

~Sister Kretchman

No comments:

Post a Comment