Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Letter #36 (May 26, 2014)

I'm at a Memorial Day BBQ.

So I'll try to write an email until they start playing games out here.

So I gave a talk on joy this Sunday, so naturally we had a not-the-best week leading up to me speaking about being happy. We had a decent number of appointments, but they basically ALL fell through. It was so frustrating!

There were some really cool things that happened this week though! 

The one member present lesson that we were able to have was SO good! It wasn't a regular lesson because we kind of felt like she needed so wing else. It was the little family with the awesome 11 year old. We showed the Mormon message "Mountains to Climb" and Crystal (the mom) told us that it is crazy how we seemed to now just what she needed. She also told us that she had expressed to her daughter the other day that she felt like we were sent to help her and her family just when they needed it. It was such a powerful moment! It is amazing how Heavenly Father is so aware of each and every one of His children and knows just when they are ready to accept the true gospel I to their lives.

Another cool thing is that we missed the bus. We missed the bus because somehow we walked the wrong way and so were heading to the farther bus stop. So we decided that that must have been on purpose and we were supposed to be in that area for some reason.  So we stopped by a potential investigator that we knew is usually only available on weekends. But we got to talk to her and picked her up as a new investigator! Unfortunately she ended up being one of he appointments that fell through, but we still think that she could be really good. We're excited about her!

Speaking of the bus... Sister Child ditched me on the bus this week! We got on the bus to go to our dinner appointment. We confirmed with each other where we needed to get off and then split and sat in different parts of the bus. Sister Child sat near front and I sat near the back. I started talking to the man that I was sitting next to and pulled out the Restoration pamphlet and all that. I asked if there was a time that we could stop by to teach him more and he said "well, I've still got a ways to go, so why don't you just start teaching me now?" Um, yes! Except then I realized, wait, I don't have that far to go. Wait, where are we? Then I looked to he front of the bus and Sister Child's curly head was gone! I politely asked the man that I had been talking to to push the button o stop the bus and then got off. Luckily I only got off two stops farther than I was supposed to. I just started laughing as soon as I got off and then started walking. It was pretty bad though because she had nurse phone AND regular phone. Which basically never happens. Usually I have the area phone.That's the first I've been alone since I was set apart as a missionary! Luckily a random Mormon (who turned out to the the daughter-in-law of a member of our ward) picked Sister Child up as she walked towards me and brought her to me. We laughed about it and then walked to dinner, about 15 minutes late. I was about to teach that man the Restoration! I didn't even get a phone number or anything. Well, he has the pamphlet, hopefully we'll run into him again!

Anyway, that's just about it! I'll try to email the notes from my talk, hopefully it will make sense...

I love you all!

~Sister Kretchman

No comments:

Post a Comment