Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Letter #37 (June 2, 2014)

This week is going to awesome. I'm excited. For real. You know why? Because we actually have appointments set! That almost never happens. Usually we're only able to set appointments a day in advance or we just stop by and try to catch people at home. But we have SIX appointments tomorrow! I'm SO excited!

Also. Yesterday was such an awesome Sunday. It was so wonderful! There was a baby blessing, there was a newly baptized eight year old sitting with the bishop, and... drum roll please! James passed the sacrament for the first time yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got to church an HOUR early in the hopes that he could do a run through a couple of times. But, of course, no one was there at 8 in the morning except for the ward council, so he just sat in the chapel. What an over achiever. I love him so much! It was so sweet to see this little 75 year old man with all of the teeny deacons. I loved it. Hopefully he'll get to bless the sacrament soon! And we're working on getting him to the temple soon to do baptisms. My heart is just so full. I love it. 

It was just so amazing to see so many new beginnings in one day. A new life, a new member, a new priesthood holder exercising his priesthood for the first time. Incredible.

Another suh-weet thing: We're biking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day for about six months. Pasadena just wasn't much of a biking area, but here we could totally use bikes but Sister Child's bike was slightly broken and she just conveniently never fixed it because she hates biking. But the day has come. I biked every day since Tuesday this week and I'm LOVING it! I've missed it so much! AND I can finally use the bike odometer/speedometer that I got for Christmas! YAY. Seriously though, biking down a hill is one of the best feelings ever. I love it so much. My legs are having to re-adjust to biking, but they're holding up pretty well.

Oh, and this is silly, but my family will appreciate it: I have officially mastered the five minutes or less shower! I never thought this day would come. But it has arrived. I shower a tad bit longer than that if I have time, but I don't always have time, so there you go.

I love and miss you all! Write me!

~Sister Kretchman

A pillow she thought was funny


Ward BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment